Discover Oklahoma Sooners College World Series History
OU has made numerous CWS appearances and has won two national titles.
OU College World Series Championship Seasons
Sooners CWS Appearances - OU has advanced to Omaha 10 times
1951, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2010
Oklahoma Baseball Facts
When it comes to a winning tradition, the Sooners have been quite a "Boomer!"
- The University played its first baseball game in 1906 and was led by Gennie Owen who managed through the 1922 season.
- The Sooners won their first national championship in 1951under the direction of manager Jack Baer. OU posted a 16-9 record and beat Tennessee in the final.
- Oklahoma made quite an impressive run of consecutive trips to the College World Series by qualifying for the Omaha event five seasons in a row (1972-76).
- The University's second CWS title was gained in 1994 when the Sooners swept through the bracket before Manager Larry Cochell's squad knocked out Georgia Tech 13-5 in the final.
- Enos Semore is OU's all-time leader in coaching wins after managing the Sooners baseball program from 1968-89. Semore notched an 851-370-1 record in 22 seasons and led Oklahoma to 5 CWS appearances.
- Oklahoma plays its games at L.Dale Mitchell Baseball Park. It was named after former OU star Dale Mitchell who holds career and single season batting records for the club. The stadium capacity is 2,700